The TMS Serenity Center keeps a gratitude jar in its offices where patients can drop a note. Dr. Cress recently received the following letter in her Gratitude Jar from a TMS patient and was greatly moved by the message.
My Gift For Dr. Cress, Roxanne & Maria
Who Have Always Shown Me Grace!
A Gratitude Jar For 2018
As we all look back at 2017, the one thing that stands out is how much we have to be thankful for. However, do we forget in time how very blessed we all are? I know I do and my gift to myself and hopefully others is to “LIVE GRATITUDE” and make a difference in as many lives as I can during the coming years.
So how will you fill your Gratitude Jar? Ask your family, friends, church, school, or workplace to be a part of experiencing this new found Gratitude. In our lives, we almost never realize we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with Gratitude that life becomes rich.
Everyone’s definition of Gratitude is different. When I began thinking about what it meant to me, I had to seriously reflect on my own Gratitude. The one thing I could be sure of was Gratitude needed to play a much bigger & more important role in my own life. The one thought that stood out above all others was asking myself how many times I thanked God that his Plan allowed his Son to step out from Heaven & save us from all sin. His forgiveness is real; however, you have to take the first step. Confess your sins and ask for His forgiveness. Had I thanked him enough? My answer was “not near as many times as I should”.
So, my definitions of Gratitude may be completely different form yours, however I bet we all end up in the same place: Everyone needs to experience, talk, and most especially LIVE GRATITUDE during the next years of our life. We owe that to our kids, others in our life, & especially strangers who may need our help more than anyone.
My feelings about Gratitude are:
- Gratitude is the ability to experience life as a Gift and unlock the fullness of life.
- Joy is the simplest form of Gratitude and provides the ability to experience life as a gift.
- It’s not happiness that brings us Gratitude; it’s Gratitude that brings us happiness.
- Feeling Gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it to someone.
- Living in a state of Gratitude is the gateway to Grace
- There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
- To actually Live Gratitude is to touch Heaven
In closing, if you really want to make a difference, try thankfulness. You may never know how something small you do may have a powerful effect on others. But always remember, thanks and selflessness are the highest form of thought, and that Gratitude is happiness doubled by Wonder.